As a growing provider of best-in-class networking solutions, Advantel prides itself on finding highly-motivated team players. If you’re looking for a company that will recognize your skills and reward you with a competitive salary and benefits package, Advantel is the right place for you.
Open Positions at Advantel Networks
Click on a position below to view details.
Position: Service Manager
Job Responsibility: Candidate will be responsible to support a cross functional team in support of both our clients and internal staff with service issues specific to the converged communications products portfolio offered by Advantel Networks. The service manager will direct, monitor and manage the actions of service and help desk personnel who perform corrective action, installations and maintenance of voice, data, and unified communications equipment, and have constant contact with our clients.
Required Qualifications: The Service Manager must have a strong customer service background in the technology industry. Associate’s degree or equivalent relevant industry experience (5 to 7 years minimum). Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style. Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Must have an outgoing, calming personality that is able to engage and have conversations effortlessly with clients, even ones that sometimes are irate. Must have proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, strong organization skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Manage team efficiency and profitability using metrics, internal reporting tools and manpower utilization techniques
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvements or process and procedures
- Generate customer loyalty by constant contact with clients and surveys
- Be able to articulate the value of Advantel, and upsell clients of other products and services
- Conduct continual evaluations and establish goals and objectives for Service and Help Desk personnel
- Serve as escalation point for issues, problems and service requirements focused on customer satisfaction and SLA adherence
- Identify, analyze, and initiate the escalation process based on the escalation criteria specified by manufacture supportConduct regular meetings with Service personnel and Operations staff
- Provides sales support as needed
- Review and approve expenses incurred by Service personnel
- Review and approve timesheets
- Be part of the on-call rotation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization and to gain and maintain credibility when delivering difficult messages under stressful situations.
- Strong command of the English language and the ability to effectively translate technical issues and circumstances to non-technical personnel.
- A strong leader who is able to attract, motivate and retain direct reports. Must be confident and personable and able to deal effectively with a variety of personalities.
- An effective mentor to provide professional and technical guidance to subordinate staff members.
- Ability to organize work for the entire department in an efficient manner.
- Fully computer literate and fluent in the Microsoft Office applications as well as Advantel’s products and services.
- Organized, detail oriented and a superior multitasker.
- Lead by example by consistently being at work and on time.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The bulk of these job duties can be achieved in a sitting position (85%), however, walking, standing and filing (15%) are routinely required. This requires the ability to operate a computer, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours
This is a full-timeposition. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, as the Service Manager, you will also be expected to cover regular 24/7 on call rotations as well as being reasonably available outside of regular business hours for work emergencies and demands that may arise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice, as required by the Company.